With devastating unprecedented bush fire crisis currently impacting NSW (and other states), it’s very likely that for a lot of people, this has actually been a time of high anxiety or potentially more impactful outcomes.
As we know, many of the firefighters helping to smother these fires are volunteers and their commitment to the task is highly admirable.
We have received 2 requests from 2 different centres, Kenthurst RFS and Killara Rural Fire Brigade (RFB) for bottles of water and vital fire-fighting equipment, respectively. There is a community campaign organised by Bendigo Bank “FUND THE FIGHT – Killara Rural Fire Brigade” (https://tlcbb.com.au/community-hub/our-community/killara_rfs_-fund-the-fight/) ) and all funds collected will be handed over to Killara RFB to purchase the fire-fighting equipment.
We, UCAANSW, wish to support these two requests.
How you can help?
1. Handover the goods they need. Currently needed items are:
- Bottles of water (600 mL)
Please handover to the following collection venues by 11 am on Saturday 11th January 2020
2. Monetary donation to https://tlcbb.com.au/product/killara_rfs_donations/?
Please write down “UCAANSW member” under order notes when you complete the on-line donation form so that the bank will be able to provide the total amount donated (not the individual names) by our UCAANSW members. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
Also, we have contacted the President of Killara RFB (Mr Stuart Clark) and he is happy to provide details and photos of what was purchased out of our funds.
Bottle drop off venues (any time between 8 – 8 pm during the week and till 11 am on Saturday):
- Residence of Nalika Kodituwakku – 4, Hodda Street, Kellyville
- Residence of Chaandana Senevirathne – 12, Jubilee Street, North Kellyville
- Subway Blacktown Mega Centre, St Martins Village C6 Blacktown Rd &, St Martins Crescent